These databases are available to all Michigan residents. They may also be accessed with a Michigan Driver's License number from the Michigan e-Library.
Accessible from Home or in the Library
- Bookflix--Beginning readers. An interactive experience that allows beginning readers to explore fiction and non-fiction designed to increase understanding and fluency. Increase comprehension and have fun at the same time!
- Britanicca School--Elementary, Middle, and High School levels. Each contains resources at the appropriate learning and skill level including primary sources in subjects such as people, countries, science, animals, current events, and biographies.
- Britannica School, Learning Zone--Pre K - 2nd grade. Activity-centered learning to explore, play, read, and build technology skills.Letters, numbers, geography, shapes and much more are included.
- Early World of Learning--Recommended for: Early elementary. Strengthen reading foundations with stories, activities and videos.
Explore the Know It encyclopedia designed especially for early readers.
- eBook K-8 Collection--Fiction and nonfiction books you can read online - for school and for fun. Search for what you want. Picture books, homework topics, languages learning.
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos--Recommended for: Early learners. A bilingual visual dictionary including
thousands of images
- InfoTrac Junior Edition --Recommended for: Middle and Junior High School. Full text. Over 330 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this database is designed for students in junior high and middle school with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- InfoTrac Student Edition-- Recommended for: High School. Mostly full text. Over 1,100 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this database gives access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, podcasts, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Kids InfoBits -- Recommended for: K-6. All full text.
The curriculum-related, age appropriate, full-text content is from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. This database covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Learning Express Library--Recommended for: General user. Interactive online learning platform of academic and licensing/certification practice tests, elementary level testing for math and reading.
- NoveList K8 Plus--Find just the right book by subject, age, awards won, Lexile Reading levels, Common Core standards; even books made into movies, and much more. Read reviews and learn about the author. Create your own reading wish list.
- World Book Kids-- Recommended for: Young learners. Contains eight major subject
Other On-line Databases Available at the Owosso & Durand Memorial Branches